Fri 8 Dec 2006
Yield: 1-1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 2 mangoes (or 2 papaya or 6 nectarines),
peeled and diced small
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup finely-minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1-2 Tbsp. rice vinegar, or to taste
Place chopped onion in a heatproof bowl (e.g. Pyrex) or measuring cup and add boiling water to cover. Let stand for a few minutes.
In the meantime, mix fruit and juice in a large bowl. Add cilantro and vinegar and mix well.
Drain onion and add to fruit mixture, mixing well. Taste, adding more vinegar and/or juice if desired.
Salsa may be served immediately or can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator 2 to 3 days.Print This Post