Tue 25 Nov 2008
Green Chile Rollover Bites
Yields: 32 • preparation time: 15 min • cooking time: 20 min
– 1 package (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls
– 2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened, cut in half
– 2 cans (4 oz. each) ORTEGA Diced Green
– 1/3 cup milk
– 1 large egg
– 1 1/3 cups dry breadcrumbs
– 1 package (1.25 oz.) ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix – Regular
– 1 garnish ORTEGA Salsa – Homestyle Recipe Mild or any flavor
*PREHEAT* oven to 400° F. Grease baking sheet.
*SEPARATE* dough into four 3 x 6-inch rectangles on cutting board; press
seams closed. Spread half block cream cheese onto each rectangle; top
each rectangle with half can chiles. Fold rectangles in half lengthwise;
cut each into eight pieces.
COMBINE milk and egg in small bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and seasoning mix
in shallow dish. Dip each bite into milk mixture; roll in breadcrumb
mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet.
BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa.Print This Post